Mohammed Bin Hammam has vowed to clear his name after calling FIFA’s decision to impose a lifetime ban on him “deeply flawed.”
The 62-year-old was given given the ban from all football after he was found guilty of attempting to bribe members of the Caribbean Football Union in May.
But he has now said that he will take his appeal to the Court of Arbitration in Switzerland in an attempt to prove his innocence.
In a statement released on his official website he cited FIFA’s abuse of power as something that could hold up his plans.
He said: “On Thursday, 18 August 2011, FIFA issued the motivated decisions of the Ethics Committee almost a month after the Ethics Committee decided to ban me for life.
“Since then, I have submitted my case to the FIFA Appeals Committee, not hoping for justice to prevail but as a protocol to enable me to obtain access to the Court of Arbitration of Sport (CAS).
“After all, the panel from the Appeals Committee is decided by my opponent and in this case, as previously, the judge is the rival. Therefore, I should not exaggerate my hope for a fair decision.
“Going through the motivated decisions, we found them to be deeply flawed and raises grave doubts on whether any decision-making body of FIFA has sufficient independence to ensure a fair decision based solely on evidences and applicable laws.
“Based on our experiences, we expect the appeal process and decision to take approximately two months, not because this time is necessarily needed but more due to FIFA’s tactical games and abuse of power, as evident throughout this case.”
Bin Hammam said that FIFA suspended him without having evidence to back up their allegations against him.
He admits that the chances of the decision being overturned are very slim, but he will carry on regardless.
Elsewhere, why not pick up the new England shirt which could be worn against Holland at the European Championships next year.